STEPS TO FINANCIAL AID
- Complete 2018-2019 FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov (Requires 2016 tax data)
- Select South Plains College with school code (003611)
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (It will remain unavailable for the 2017-2018 school year, however it is available for the 2018-2019 school year.)
- Check DAILY for emails on the student and parent email accounts provided on the FAFSA; including the student's SPC account
- If selected for Verification, please follow the SPC Verification Process
- Submit Official High School Transcript with Graduation Date to Admissions and Records
- If a loan is needed, click here
WHICH FAFSA DO I FILL OUT?
2017-2018--(requires 2015 tax data) 2018-2019--(requires 2016 tax data)
Fall 2017 Fall 2018
Spring 2018 Spring 2019
Summer 2018 Summer 2019
THINGS TO LOOK FOR IN EMAILS
- All award notifications are sent via email
- Satisfactory Academic Progress status notification
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR RETURNING STUDENTS ONLY ***
IF YOU ARE A RETURNING SPC STUDENT, YOUR 2018-2019 AWARDS WILL BE REASSESSED BASED ON YOUR PREVIOUS SEMESTERS AT SPC AS OUR NEW COMPUTER SYSTEM IS UPDATED.
Fall & Spring Semesters June 10
Spring Semester Only October 15
Summer Session March 1
Priority Dates--Dates by which all students should complete their files to be considered for all types of aid, including limited funding for some grants and on-campus jobs; also, the date to ensure that funding will be available for the pre-registration payment due date and open registration.