Culinary Arts Technology
1. Apply for admission to South Plains College
2. Take TSI Assessment (Not required for certificate-only students)
3. Take Culinary Assessment
- This test is designed to assess reading comprehension and math skills as it pertains to Culinary Arts. Students will have 75 minutes to complete 30 multiple choice questions and must score 65 points or above.
- Students must show proof of admission to South Plains College, give their SPC username, and register for a specific date and time in advance by emailing Chef Osuna at email@example.com.
- Dates and times for the Culinary Assessment can be scheduled by appointment. All tests will be held at the South Plains College Lubbock Center: 3907 Ave. Q Lubbock, Texas 79412.
- Students may bring a calculator and scratch paper to use during the assessment.
- No cell phones or other electronic devices (except calculators) will be permitted in the testing room.
4. Submit a letter of recommendation from an employer in the culinary industry, a culinary teacher, or high school counselor.
5. Attend the Culinary Orientation (date to be determined)
Deadline for 1-4 is June 1st!
- worth up to 90 points
Letter of Recommendation
- worth 10 points
Max Points: 100
Sixty-four (64) students with the highest total points will be selected for the Culinary Arts Technology AAS program.