The student will discuss theoretical and practical aspects of specimen collection (including professionalism, ethics, terminology, quality control, and safety); use basic laboratory.
This is a 10 week class in which students will learn theoretical and practical aspects of blood specimen collections for clinical laboratories. Topics include professionalism, ethics, medical terminology, related anatomy, physiology, as well as utilization of blood and non-blood specimen collection supplies, and proper techniques.
Enrollment limit is 10 in Levelland and Plainview. Lubbock’s limit is 12. Must be 18 years of age. Students at the Lubbock course will prepare to take the NHA Phlebotomy Certification Test included in this program. Levelland students will complete the ASPT pre-certification requirements.
IMPORTANT: You will not be allowed to register or pay for this class without all requirements being met. Criminal background checks will be performed for all students. NO REFUNDS will be given for criminal background checks.
Step 1: Complete the SPC CE Application
Step 2: Bring All Shot Records & Photo ID
- MMR – 2 shot Series since 1981 or Titer
- Current negative TB Test (no older than 1 year prior to first class day)
- Tetanus (no older than 10 years prior to first class day)
- Hepatitis B Series or Titer **Note: HEP B Titer is only needed if student cannot find shot record or is in the middle of series**
- Varicella (Chickenpox) or Proof of Illness
- Flu Shot is required of all students enrolled between October 1st and March 31st
- Valid State-Issued Photo Identification
- Social Security Card (names must match on both documents and not expire before the end of class)
- The National Certification requires a High School Diploma or GED
Step 3: Register For a Class
|1/16/19 to 3/23/19||TR||6:00-9:00 pm||Lubbock Center|
|1/28/19 to 3/8/19||MW||6:30-9:30 pm||Levelland Campus|
|6/4/19 to 07/16/19||TR||6:00-9:00 pm||Plainview Center|
|4/10/19 to 6/19/19||TR||6:00-9:00 pm||Lubbock Center|